Do you know what most people think when they see a turkey meatloaf recipe? Usually it’s something like, “Oh no, not turkey meatloaf! It’s going to be so dry and not enjoyable at all!”
…And I would think the same thing too, but this turkey meatloaf with sweet and tangy glaze will absolutely change your mind!
It’s that time of year. All the holidays are over and you just want to get back on track with eating good and working out. Or, you may just be taking the first steps to making changes. No matter what point you’re at, it’s the new year and we all have goals for ourselves.
One thing you don’t have worry about is finding healthy wholesome foods, especially in the cold months ahead. For some of us, we still need those comfort foods – and this is one you will make time and time again!
20 oz. lean ground turkey
1 tbsp. brown sugar
2 bunches of green onions, chopped
1/4 cup ketchup
1 cup old fashioned oats, ground
1 can tomato soup
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 350°
- First you have to prep to oatmeal. In a food processor, pulse the oats until they turn into a flour-like consistency.
- In a large bowl, stir together ground turkey, eggs, brown sugar, green onions, ketchup, oats, 1/2 can of soup, and 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce.
- Once all combined, shape into a loaf and place in a loaf pan. (Make sure to spray with cooking spray first.)
- To make the glaze, in a small bowl mix the remaining soup with 1 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour half of the glaze over the top of the meatloaf and place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and spread remaining glaze on top, then put back into the oven for another 40 minutes. (It may be done sooner – you can use a meat thermometer to make sure it’s cooked all the way)
Serving size: 1 slice of meatloaf