Thanksgiving Leftover “Falafels”
I don’t know about you, but I have TONS of leftovers from Thanksgiving!! There is always the tradition of the turkey sandwich that never disappoints, but I thought I would try something a little different this year…
Enter Thanksgiving Leftover “Falafels”.
The name comes from the concept of a traditional falafel as a patty that’s a mixture of all kinds of flavors, then fried and stuffed in a pita. My take on it is using leftovers from Thanksgiving (stuffing and turkey) and blended into a patty, fried up a bit and then stuffed into a warmed pita with all the fixings (cranberry, gravy, etc).
This is the perfect combination of all those holiday flavors in a really unique and tasty dish!
I think this is really just a leveled-up version of the leftover turkey sandwich… These are so great to make ahead of time and have for a last-minute dinner; simply freeze them and enjoy at a later time when that craving hits. They even make a great little appetizer!
Thanksgiving Leftover “Falafels” Ingredients:
- 1 cup leftover cooked stuffing
- 6 oz. cooked turkey
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt a pepper
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- pita pockets
- cranberry *
- gravy *
- mayo *
* = optional ingredients.
- In a food processor, add stuffing and turkey then pulse until shredded and combined.
- Add in beaten egg and season with salt and pepper; pulse again until just combined.
- Start to take the mixture slightly bigger than gold ball size amounts and form into little patties. Repeat until you have used all the mixture (you should have about 12 patties).
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Once pan is heated add patties to the pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes, flip and cook for another 3 minutes, until lightly browned and cooked all the way through.
- To build your sandwich, add the “falafels” to a warm pita and then add desired toppings (cranberry, gravy, mayo, etc). Enjoy!
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!