Seared Chicken Thighs with Mushroom Cream Sauce
You may be hosting a lot of family this year and maybe some of those family members are staying with you for a few days. Some of those days you might just be getting some take out and easy meals (I mean I will most likely suggest Chipotle one night haha), but you may be cooking a little more than usual.
This Seared Chicken Thighs with Mushroom Cream Sauce recipe is the ideal recipe for a small group… I mean just look at how beautiful it is and let me tell you it taste just as beautiful as it looks! Its a great way to also not spend a lot, since you can get a decent amount of chicken for a good price you can double this recipe easily!
And I mean who doesn’t love chicken it really is a no fail for a group! 🙂
These Seared Chicken Thighs are so flavorful from the crust on the chicken thighs to the creamy mushroom sauce that it’s served in… the smells this dish give off are just incredible!
Your friends and family will think you’ve spent hours on this one.
Seared Chicken Thighs with Mushroom Cream Sauce Ingredients:
30 oz. chicken thighs (approx. 4 thighs)
2 tbsp. Coconut oil
4 oz. cooked asparagus
½ yellow onion, chopped
16 oz. white button mushrooms
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper
Fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on each side and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of oil on medium high. Add seasoned chicken thighs skin side down and sear for about 4-5 minutes to get a nice crust.
- Remove from the pan and place the chicken skin side up on the baking sheet. Place into the oven for 20-25 minutes depending on thickness of the chicken, until cooked through.
- In a large skillet on medium heat add remaining 1 tbsp of oil, then add mushrooms. Cook for 3-5 minutes until all liquid is fully absorbed.
- Add chopped onions and cook down for another 5 minutes. Add garlic and season with salt and pepper. Pour in cream and a couple thyme sprigs and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, stirring to combine all ingredients. Simmer for 3-5 minutes, then season with more salt (if needed). Add cooked asparagus pieces for the last few minutes and stir.
- Place cooked chicken thighs into the sauce and serve.
Nutritional Information: *
Serving Size: 1 seared chicken thigh with mushroom sauce
Fat: 55 g
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Sugar: 0 g
Sodium: 638 mg
Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 25 g
* If you’re looking to make this recipe a little healthier you can swap the chicken thighs for just boneless skinless chicken breast. This will cut the calories quite a bit as well as the fat.