Roasted Parmesan Garlic Sweet Potatoes
I have talked a bit lately about having great lunch options, whether you have the time to throw something easy together or you’re just having leftovers.
My go-to lunch as of now is chicken and a sweet potato. Now, that might sound kind of boring, but there are different (and easy) ways to mix up these dishes that will keep you happy, full and on track for your fitness goals.
I tend to find one thing and stick to it for a while, but then I get bored and have to mix it up… These roasted parmesan garlic sweet potatoes are a great way to spice it up and keep your tastebuds happy! 🙂
And before we get into the recipe, here are some other great and healthy sweet potato recipes from the site here that you’ll also likely enjoy*:
* These are all great options as long as you stay within your serving size… Pair them with your lunch or dinner and it will help you stay on track while enjoying your meals at the same time!
2 medium size sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. thyme
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp. grated Parmesan
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Prep a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Take peeled and cubed potatoes and add them to a medium size bowl.
- Add olive oil, thyme, garlic, 1 tbsp. Parmesan and salt and pepper (to taste). Toss to fully coat the sweet potatoes.
- Pour onto baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Place into the oven for 30-40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once fully cooked and browned, sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp. Parmesan (and more salt and pepper if needed).
Note: To make the potatoes more crispy you can add more oil when you are tossing, but that will up the calories and fat… You just have to account for that.