Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
I love a good oatmeal cookie… They bring back that feeling of being a kid again! The smell in the house of cinnamon and nutmeg it just takes you back 🙂
I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t try to take one of my favorite treats a bit healthier… Swapping out a few ingredients for a some healthier choices really makes a big difference in calories, but not in taste!
These pumpkin chocolate chip oatmeals cookies are a delicious combination of the treat you grew up loving with that “fall” feel from the pumpkin, with some rich chocolate morsels. You won’t believe these are a healthier choice!
Now I’m a firm believer in enjoying the “real deal” desserts and treats once in a while, and this time of year – as least for me – I want to try everything from pumpkin treats to pies, peppermint mochas around Christmas, anything gingerbread… All of those things that make the season so special.
But if I ate everything I wanted… Let’s just say it wouldn’t be a good idea for me, haha…
That’s why I love to experiment with all my favorite flavors and create new, healthier options of these kinds of foods so I can enjoy the upcoming holiday season without feeling like I’m missing out!
TIP: For more of cinnamon kick swap out the chocolate chips for cinnamon chips!! YUM! 🙂
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. clove
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup agave maple syrup
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl add flour, oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, mix together applesauce, brown sugar, pumpkin and maple syrup until smooth.
- Add in egg and then vanilla, mix until just combined.
- Start to slowly add the dry mixture into the wet mixture, don’t over mix.
- Once all mixed together, fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, measure out a heaping tbsp. and scoop onto prepared baking sheet, flatten slightly. Repeat until baking sheet is full (about 8).
- Bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Remove from oven let cool for a few minutes on baking sheet and then move to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Repeat with the rest of your cookie dough.
- This should make around 26 cookies (measured out with a heaping tablespoon per cookie).
Serving Size: 2 cookies
Fat: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 40 g
Sugar: 25 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sodium: 7 mg (w/o added salt)
Protein: 4 g
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!