Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies
As you probably already know, I love peanut butter and chocolate… It’s the ultimate combination of sweet and salty!
I try really hard to stay away from sweets (mostly) during the week to stay on track because once I have one I immediately want another…
These peanut butter chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies are the perfect solution to that problem because they are mini cookies… at just 71 calories a cookie I can have another and another – ok and maybe one more, lol – and stay within my calories.
They have that amazing combo of peanut butter and chocolate that I love and won’t leave me feeling guilty after a few.
When I made these recently, the batch made about 25 mini cookies and it was perfect because there are some days where I just want a little something sweet, so it was great to be able to grab one of these fresh baked goodies and enjoy them without making a dent in my calories.
TIP: Swap out the peanut butter for another nut butter like cashew, almond, or sunflower for a different taste 🙂
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies Ingredients:
3/4 cup oat flour (old fashioned oats ground in food processor; measure after ground)
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup gluten-free flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1-1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup all-natural peanut butter (I used Skippy All-Natural)
1/4 cup unsalted grass-fed butter or unsalted butter
1/4 cup chocolate chunks, roughly chopped
- Combine dry ingredients – oat flour, oats, gluten-free flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Whisk together until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together vanilla extract, egg, and brown sugar.
- In a microwave safe bowl add peanut butter and butter and heat in 15 second intervals (stirring in-between) until melted and fully combined. Let cool slightly before adding to the large bowl.
- Whisk in peanut butter mixture into the egg mixture until combined.
- Add in dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Add in your chopped chocolate chunks and stir until well distributed. Chill dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- While dough is chilling, preheat your oven to 350° and prep a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take chilled dough and using a tablespoon to measure, scoop a heaping tablespoon of dough, roll into a ball and place on the baking sheet. Before placing into the oven, take a spoon or fork and press the cookie dough balls flat to form a mini cookie.
- Place into the oven 5-7 minutes. You don’t want to over bake these! After cookies are done place onto a wire rack to cool. (This recipe should make about 25 cookies.)
Servings: 25 mini cookies (approx.)
Serving Size: 1 mini cookie
Fat: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 7 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 2 g