Light Bacon Ranch Dip
With the Superbowl coming up, “Game Day” is just around the corner… And I don’t know about you, but I’ve really been on top of my game with my workout and diet and don’t want to mess that up!
With that being said, I still want to get together with my friends and join in the festivities – especially when it comes to drinks and snacking a bit…
Snacking can become a trap if you’re not careful, but having options like this light bacon ranch dip that you can easily prepare and bring to a party is going to not only taste delicious – it will keep you on track calorie-wise as well!
This light bacon ranch dip is so creamy and delicious you won’t feel like you’re missing out on Game Day… Topped with more cheese, bacon bits, fresh tomatoes and green onions it is a sure thrill for you and your friends!
There are a few other things to keep in mind while snacking and not going overboard… if you don’t bring a few healthy snacks to a party you will be more tempted to eat whatever is there (and most of the time the choices are very high in calories and fat!).
If you prepare and bring a few dips or snacks, you set yourself up for success and won’t feel as tempted to eat the other food at the party. Make sure to not only make healthier snacks, but to get crackers or chips that are healthier too… It kind of defeats the purpose when you have this low-calorie dip and pair it with greasy chips (but delicious, I know!) or a high calorie buttery cracker.
I paired my light bacon ranch dip with thin Triscuits since you can have about 15 crackers for 150 calories… Can’t beat that!
Light Bacon Ranch Dip Ingredients:
- 6 oz. non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 oz. light cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp. hidden valley dry seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup bacon bits ( I used the prepared bits from Oscar Meyer)
- 1-2 green onions, chopped
- In a small bowl stir together softened cream cheese and greek yogurt until fully combined.
- Stir in ranch seasoning mix.
- In a 7×11 baking pan, add cream cheese mixture to that and spread evenly.
- Next sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over the cream cheese mixture, then the bacon bits, tomatoes and top with green onions.
- Place in the refrigerate until ready to serve.
Servings: 8 approx.
Serving Size: 1/8 of the pan approx. *
Fat: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Sugar: 1 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sodium: 260 mg
Protein: 7 g
* To make sure the calories are more accurate take a knife and cut the dip into 8 equal sections, scoop you’re amount onto a plate and portion out your crackers. If you’re making this for a bigger group you can double all ingredients but serve in a 13×9 for more accurate calories.
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!