Lemon Poppyseed Biscotti
You probably already know this about me but I love a good biscotti!!
There is nothing better to me than a delicious biscotti, packed with so much flavor and baked to perfection…. paired with a great cup of coffee what more could you want??
You can find a lot of low calorie options at your local grocery store and even most bakery biscotti’s have the nutrition right on the package or website. 🙂
These lemon poppyseed biscotti’s are not only delicious but so easy to make… and for under 170 calories you could have these every morning and not feel bad about it one bit!
From the freshness of the lemon and the richness of vanilla this will pair perfectly with your morning or afternoon (if you’re like me haha) coffee… and even better crumble up half of one of these right into a low calorie frozen yogurt or my favorite Halo Top!
Lemon Poppyseed Biscotti Ingredients:
6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup granulated cane sugar (or you can sub regular sugar)
1/4 tsp. salt
zest of lemon
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla paste
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp. poppyseeds
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup Quest multi-purpose powder
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a stand mixer add softened butter and sugar, beat on medium/medium-low until fluffy.
- Add in lemon zest, salt, vanilla paste and baking powder. Beat until fully combined and smooth.
- Set the mixer to low and add eggs one at a time until combined.
- Pour in lemon juice.
- Keeping the mixer on low, gradually add in flour and then quest powder until fully combined but not over mix.
- Stir in poppyseeds until just combined.
- On a baking sheet, spray with cooking spray.
- Add dough to the pan and pat out into a log shape about 4in. in width by 12 in. in length.
- Spray top with cooking spray and place into the oven 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Next careful cut biscotti, should have a total of 12 equal sized biscotti.
- Place back onto the pan on their side and back into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip to lay on the on the other side and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until crisp and golden in color.
Serving Size: 1 biscotti
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Sugar: 10 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sodium: 90 mg (w/o added salt)
Protein: 8 g