Lemon-Infused Blueberry Muffins
I don’t know about you, but in my house we have really big sweet tooths… So as you can imagine, with trying to eat healthy and get in shape, it’s really hard to find things that are really yummy while staying within your calories.
Enter these lemon-infused blueberry muffins.
I have tried many different “healthy” muffin recipes in the past (with varying degrees of yum)… These are one of the best I’ve tried – with a little Greek yogurt twist to give you that sweet fix without the guilt.
These muffins are paired perfectly with a cup of coffee in the morning or in the evening for a delicious dessert.
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract ( can substitute almond extract for a different flavor)
1 cup Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
2 tbsp. lemon juice
zest of one lemon
2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place paper liners in muffin tins or spray with baking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the first 4 dry ingredients (ending with baking soda).
- In a separate bowl mix with a blender: sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- To that same bowl, add in yogurt, lemon juice and zest and continue to mix until completely combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Take a 1/4 cup measuring cup and use it to scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 3 minutes at 425 then lower heat to 350 and bake for 23-25 minutes.
- Remove muffin pan from oven and take muffins out and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- When muffins are completely cooled, dust with a bit of powdered sugar and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Total Fat: 9 g.
Carbohydrates: 19 g.
Sodium: 9 mg.
Sugar: 10 g.
Protein: 3 g.