Key Lime Biscotti with White Chocolate Drizzle
If you’ve been on the site here any time in the last few weeks, you know that I love my biscotti! Give me one with a cup of coffee… and, well, I’m pretty much in heaven!
I’ve been experimenting with different ingredients and flavor combinations with biscotti on this recent biscotti kick I’m in. With baking, it’s definitely more difficult to swap out ingredients (for healthier options) because the process so exact… Unlike with cooking where you can just add and subtract flavors without messing up the whole dish.
With this recipe, I was able to swap out some ingredients for healthier ones like using Greek yogurt instead of oil, using less sugar (or in this case, subbing it for stevia) and portioning out the white chocolate – which all helped bring these biscotti to 150 calories apiece. 🙂
These key lime biscotti with white chocolate drizzle are the perfect treat to curb that sweet tooth… Whether you’re having one in the morning paired with your coffee or as a dessert with a some low-calorie vanilla fro-yo – you can’t go wrong!
I’m usually a chocolate girl all the way (oh, and peanut butter… yum!), but I wanted to try some new flavors that will really mix things up for you!
These biscotti are so bright in flavor with a touch of richness from the vanilla and white chocolate drizzle they’ll really make it feel like a treat. 🙂
For the Biscotti:
2 cups gluten-free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pure vanilla
3 tbsp. unsalted grass-fed butter, melted (I used Kerrygold, but you can use regular unsalted butter too)
3 tbsp. fresh key lime juice
1 tsp. key lime zest
1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
For the Topping:
1/2 cup white chocolate baking morsels
zest of a key lime
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter, vanilla, greek yogurt, key lime juice and key lime zest.
- Start to slowly add in dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until well combined.
- Take the dough and split it into 2 equal halves.
- On an un-greased baking sheet, take each half and form into a log, about 1 inch in height and 3 inches wide, spreading longwise on the pan side by side.
- Place into the oven for 20-25 minutes until bottom is golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Take a serrated knife and cut biscotti about 1/2-1 inch thick; there should be approx. 8 biscotti per log.
- Lay biscotti on their side and place back into the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and flip to the other side and bake for an additional 10 minutes until they have a lightly golden color to them.
- Place onto a wire rack or a piece of wax paper.
- Once biscotti are cooled, melt your chocolate in the microwave in 15 second increments stirring each time (you don’t want to over-cook the chocolate). To make it easy you can just drizzle them using the spoon, but for more accurate calories I spooned my melted chocolate into a Ziplock bag, cut a small piece off one of the bottom corners and use it like a pastry bag. Drizzle an equal amount on each biscotti, then sprinkle with key lime zest.
- Let white chocolate completely cool and harden before storing.
Servings: 16 biscotti
Serving Size: 1 biscotti
Fat: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 11 g
Protein: 3 g