Holiday Cornbread Stuffing
We are just days away from Thanksgiving and there’s so much to prep (regardless if you’re hosting or bringing a dish to family or friend’s home). Now, the question is: what are you bringing??
There are always the traditional dishes that are a no-fail, but why not mix it up a bit; not too much so you still have all those classic flavors, but something just a touch more special!
This holiday cornbread stuffing with cranberries and pecans is the ultimate Thanksgiving dish… One because Thanksgiving isn’t the same without stuffing, and two – this dish is so easy to pull together last minute!
This stuffing is packed with so much flavor, from the savory cornbread with a little sweet to cranberries (and lots of texture from pecans and sautéed veggies). In short, it’s a great way to mix things up while still being true to tradition.
Holiday Cornbread Stuffing Ingredients:
2 boxes stovetop cornbread stuffing mix
3 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup yellow onion, diced
1 bag dried cranberries
3 cups reduced-fat low sodium chicken broth
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup pecans, chopped
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large pot heat butter on medium-high heat. Add celery and onion to pot, stir to coat in the butter.
- Turn heat down to medium and cook, stirring occasionally for 6-8 minutes until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat.
- Add cornbread mix, cranberries and pecans to the pot. Gently fold all ingredients until ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- Slowly pour chicken broth and then beaten eggs into the cornbread mixture. Fold gently again and try to not break up the cornbread too much. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a 13×9 baking pan with cooking spray, spoon stuffing into the pan evenly. Place into the oven covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil after and cook for an additional 15 minutes until stuffing is lightly golden and slightly crisp.
Serving Size: 1/8 of the 13×9 pan
Fat: 11 g
Carbohydrates: 49 g
Sugar: 18 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sodium: 867 mg
Protein: 7 g