Healthy Turkey Lasagna Soup
There is nothing more comforting than a delicious hearty soup or stew in the upcoming cooler months. Soups, stews and chilis can be higher in calories and fat if you’re not careful… but when made in a lighter way, they’re the perfect meal prep option for the week (or a weeknight make-ahead dinner).
By just swapping out a few ingredients, you still have a super flavorful meal that’s packed with protein to keep you full and satisfied. Which is why having meals like this you can make in bulk and have yummy lunches all week without the headache and worry of cooking everyday.
In this healthy turkey lasagna soup, you have everything you need in one dish from the perfectly seasoning meat with flavors of rosemary, garlic, oregano, parsley, with a rich and creamy tomato base that just warms you inside and out. Add to that the melt-in-your-mouth lasagna noodles and top it off with a dollop of ricotta cheese, and I don’t think anything sounds better!
Lasagna Soup Ingredients:
1 tsp. truffle oil (can use olive oil instead)
1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
1 lb. lean ground turkey
2-3 garlic cloves, minced (depending on how much you like garlic)
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. ground fennel
1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
2 tbsp. tomato paste
6 cups fat-free chicken broth
2 stevia packets
5 lasagna noodles, broken into 1/2 inch pieces
4 tbsp. whipped cream cheese
- Heat oil in a large stockpot on medium-high heat, add olive oil.
- After the pan is nice and hot add chopped onions, stir to coat in oil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ground turkey to the pan and as it starts to cook/brown start to break up with spatula into small pieces.
- After turkey is cooked and all broken up, turn heat down to low. Add minced garlic cloves, rosemary, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and fennel. Stir to fully combine. Add in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth and stevia packets. Stir to fully incorporate all ingredients. Turn heat to medium high. Bring to boil.
- Add in lasagna pieces, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes, until pasta is al dente. Turn heat down to low. Add in cream cheese and stir constantly until fully incorporated, soup is smooth and all cheese is melted in.
- Serve with a dollop of ricotta and some parmesan cheese. (NOTE: make sure to measure out the cheese if you’re looking to keep this recipe lower calorie)
Serving Size: 10 oz. of lasagna soup
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 5 g
Sodium: 640 mg (w/o added salt)
Protein: 17 g