Healthy Pumpkin Cake Bites
My husband and I just celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary… We got married at Disney last year and had a delicious almond cake with amaretto mousse.
Well, we were able to place an order and get a smaller replica of that cake to celebrate!
This is great and all, but after having cake a few days in a row knowing that it’s not particularly healthy or diet-friendly in anyway, we started to feel really awful. I mean don’t get me wrong, it was absolutely delicious (and it was our anniversary so I’m going to enjoy it!), but we got to point that we just wanted to get back on track.
Enter these healthy pumpkin cake bites!
I love these so much… They are great if you want just a little something or if you have a big sweet tooth, because at 52 calories apiece you can have just one, two, three – or if you’re feeling crazy, even four (depending on your macros/calories for the day).
Having desserts like these healthy pumpkin cake bites are great for that sweet tooth without the guilt of a 400+ calorie piece of cake.
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tbsp. powdered sugar (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 11×7 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together pumpkin, whole egg, egg whites and oil until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, salt and brown sugar until fully incorporated.
- Slowly start to whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until fully combined.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into bite size square (makes about 24).
- When cooled and cut dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Servings: 24 squares
Serving Size: 1 square
Fat: 1 g
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 6 g
Protein: 1 g
Adapted from: Seeded at the Table