Gluten Free Thai Shrimp Pasta
There is nothing like a big bowl of pasta that just makes you feel all good inside… but not great for the figure and for some not for the belly if you have a allergy or sensitivity to gluten.
This gluten free thai shrimp pasta is the ultimate dish that will not only keep you full, satisfied and won’t break the bank when if comes to calories too!
With so many flavors from a creamy thai peanut sauce, perfectly cooked shrimp, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro all tossed together with a gluten free pasta… perfection!
When you combine the right amount of ingredients and swap out some bad ones for better options you end up with a fantastic delicious meal that will have you asking yourself “is this healthier??” because its that good!!
Gluten Free Thai Shrimp Pasta Ingredients:
1 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined and tail-off
salt and pepper
1 tsp. avocado oil
12 oz. bag of gluten free pasts (I used simply balanced fusilli, corn, rice blend pasta)
6 ounces 2% milk
3 tbsp. PB2 Powder
3 tbsp. all-natural creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp. red curry paste
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. sugar
1/3 cup water
1 tsp. red pepper flake
3-4 green onions, chopped
130 g chopped tomatoes
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
salt and pepper
- To prep the pasta, cook according to the packaging. While the pasta is cooking start to prep the sauce.
- In a medium sauce pan add milk, PB2 powder, peanut butter, red curry paste, salt, sugar, water and red pepper flake.
- Turn heat on to medium and whisk until all ingredients are blended and smooth.
- Bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes until its slightly thickened, then set aside.
- To prep the shrimp, wash and pat dry. Season well with salt and pepper toss to combine.
- Heat 1 tsp. of avocado oil on medium-high heat.
- Once pan is hot, add shrimp to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat after fully cooked and set aside.
- Once the pasta is cooked to al dente, remove from heat. Drain and put back into the pot.
- To the pasta add thai peanut sauce, shrimp, chopped tomatoes, chopped green onions, chopped cilantro. Toss until fully combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, toss again until combined.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Size: 5 oz. Thai Shrimp Pasta
Fat: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 32 g
Sugar: 4 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 110 mg (w/o added salt)
Protein: 16 g
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!