Gluten-Free Espresso Chocolate Chip Biscotti
My latest obsession are biscotti! (Okay – maybe not my latest, but I just can’t get enough of them, lol.)
Not only are they absolutely delicious, but are usually lower in calories. It’s probably the only treat you can pick up at your local coffee shop or Starbucks that you won’t need to feel guilty about.
Since I love them so much I make them fairly often, but this time I wanted to try and use some healthier ingredients like gluten-free flour, coconut oil, agave syrup and ended up with this…
These gluten-free espresso and chocolate chip biscotti are about as close as you’re going to get to the real deal… from the sweetness of the chocolate chips, richness of the espresso beans, all mixed up with gluten-free flour and coconut oil, just to name a couple. All this inside a decadent 130-calorie treat! 🙂
The only thing that differs from a traditional biscotti is that the texture is a little more like a cookie and not as crunchy – but you can adjust the cooking time or leave them in a bit longer if you want them to be more crunchy.
Either way, you won’t be disappointed with these!
2 tbsp. agave maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs plus 2 egg whites
4 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup coffee, room temperature
2 cups gluten free flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 stevia packets
3 tbsp. ground coffee/espresso beans
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
baking spray (I used coconut spray)
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, mix together wet ingredients syrup, vanilla, eggs, egg whites, coconut oil and coffee (liquid) until fully combined.
- In a medium bowl whisk together gluten free flour, baking powder and stevia.
- Start to slowly add dry ingredients to wet until fully combined.
- Add chocolate chips and ground coffee/espresso beans and stir until incorporated.
- Spray your hands with cooking spray and take the dough and split into two even pieces. On an un-greased baking sheet place each piece of dough on baking sheet and mold into logs about 12 inches long by 3 inches wide approximately (see picture below).
- Spray tops of the logs with cooking spray and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- With a serrated knife cut biscotti as even as possible about 8 biscotti per log.
- Place back onto the baking sheet placed on the cut side for 15 minutes flip to the other cut side and another 15 minutes.
- At this point they should be nice and golden you can cook longer if desired.
Servings: 16 biscotti approx.
Serving: 1 biscotti approx.
Fat: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 19 g
Sugar: 4 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 1 g
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!