Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
I would have to say my favorite cookie and sweet treat of choice would be a Chocolate Chip Cookie!
There really is nothing better… so buttery, gooey, with rich chunks of chocolate mixed throughout!
All I need is a big glass of cold milk and I’m a happy girl 🙂
I have noticed as I’ve gotten older that I have a sensitivity to gluten… not a full on allergy but it just doesn’t agree with me. As you can imagine chocolate chip cookies being my fave I needed to find a way to make them that was not gluten free but also healthier.
These gluten free chocolate chip cookies are everything you could every want in cookie but of course gluten free so your belly will be thanking you.
With just the right amount of chocolate chips these cake-y cookies just hit the spot and at under 200 calories for 3 cookies you really can’t beat that!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients:
1 stick (8 tbsp.) unsalted grass fed butter, softened
1/2 cup cane sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1-1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
135 g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium size bowl add gluten free flour, baking soda and salt, whisk together until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or using a hang mixer add softened butter, cane sugar and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in applesauce and mix until just combined.
- Slowly add eggs in one at a time until fully incorporated (NOTE: The batter might look a little lumpy and that’s ok, once you add everything together it will be perfect!).
- Last add in the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Turn the mixer onto low and take your gluten free flour mixture and start to slowly add a little bit at a time, letting it fully combine before adding more.
- Once you have add all the flour mixture to the wet mixture add in your chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Take a tablespoon and scoop a heaping tablespoon of batter and place onto the baking sheet.
- Repeat to fill the baking sheet leaving some room in-between each cookie dough ball.
- Place baking sheet into the oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven cookies will be slightly golden on the edges.
- Transfer to wire rack to fully cool and repeat until you’ve used all the cookie dough, or form cookie dough balls and freeze for later use.
- Recipe should make around 45 cookies.
Serving Size: 3 cookies (measuring each cookie using a heaping tablespoon)
Fat: 10 g
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 16 g
Sodium: 63 mg (w/o added salt)
Protein: 3 g