Gluten Free Beer Cheese Dip
There are just certain snack foods that just hit the spot and for me that’s usually any kind of chip and dip… in this case beer cheese dip and pretzels!
Usually this is something you’d make for gathering, game day, pool party, maybe just a Saturday night in haha (hey sometimes you just get a taste for something!).
Now usually these kinds of dips are made with a full fat cream cheese along with mayo, more cheese… I mean its delicious but not great if you’re looking to stay on track and not overdo it.
My gluten free beer cheese dip has all those flavors of creamy cream cheese, homemade ranch seasoning, a sharp cheddar and of course a nice amount of beer… and I’m sure you’re thinking how could this be healthier and gluten free.
Making a few swaps like full fat cream cheese for 1/3 less fat cream cheese, using less cream cheese and subbing some greek yogurt, and of course the final touch adding in some gluten free beer for that great flavor that pairs perfectly with some gluten free pretzels!
Gluten Free Beer Cheese Dip Ingredients:
8 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
1 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. Omission lager beer (you can sub any other GF beer)
1 tbsp. dried parsley
2 tsp. minced dried onion
1 – 1/2 tsp. dried chives
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. dill
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
gluten free pretzels for dipping (I used the Synders brand)
- In a medium sized bow, add softened cream cheese and greek yogurt.
- With hand mixer mix until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Add in beer and carefully stir in with spatula.
- Season with parsley, dried onion, dried chives, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and dill. Stir to combined.
- Add in shredded cheese, stir to fully incorporate and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Salt and pepper to taste if more is needed.
Serving Size: 2 oz. of beer cheese dip
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 1 g
Sodium: 136 mg (w/o added salt)
Protein: 5 g