Four Cheese Turkey Lasagna
There is nothing more comforting than a delicious hearty meal like this Four Cheese Turkey Lasagna on a hot summer day… haha not really but this is one recipe you will want to hold on to for the upcoming cooler months!
This Four Cheese Turkey Lasagna is the perfect home cooked meal for the fall and winter months ahead… packed with so much flavor starting with the mozzarella, italian six cheese blend, creamy ricotta, and pecorino romano, and that’s just in the cheeses… all of that mixed together with perfectly seasoned meat in a rich tomato sauce.
You can even sub gluten free lasagna noodles for a more belly friendly dish… I promise you won’t even notice a difference!
Four Cheese Turkey Lasagna Ingredients:
2 tsp. olive oil
2 shallots, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb. lean ground turkey
1/2 cup chicken broth
1-28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1-14.5 oz. can tomato sauce
3 tbsp. tomato paste
2 tsp. dried rosemary
2 tsp. dried chives
1 tbsp. oregano
2 tsp. dried basil
1-1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. dried fennel
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 stevia packets (can sub for a few tsp. of sugar)
9 oven ready lasagna noodles (I used Gluten Free)
2/3 cup shredded mozzeralla
1/2 cup shredded Italian six cheese
2-3 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (for topping)
Ricotta Cheese Mixture:
1-15 oz. part skim ricotta
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup shredded mozzeralla cheese
1/4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- In a large stockpot heat 2 tsp. olive oil on medium heat.
- Add chopped shallots, cook until softened about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and ground turkey. Break up with spatula until meat is all ground and browned.
- Turn heat to low.
- Add in chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, rosemary, chives, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, fennel and stevia. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Cook on a simmer for 1 hour. (salt and pepper to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a small bowl mix together ricotta cheese, beaten egg, 1/3 cup mozzarella, and 1/4 cup grated pecorino romano. Set aside.
- In a 13×9 baking pan spray with cooking spray.
- Spread about 1-1/2 cups of meat sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Place three lasagna noodles evenly across (see photo below).
- Spread all of the ricotta mixture evenly over the noodles.
- Then add 2 more cups of sauce, spread evenly.
- Lay 3 more noodles on-top of that layer.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup six cheese blend over the noodles and then 2 more cups of sauce spread evenly.
- Repeat one more time with 3 noodles, then 2 more cups of sauce, and then top the whole thing with 2/3 cup of shredded mozzarella and 1/4 cup shredded Italian six cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook uncovered for 20 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
Serving Size: 1/8 of the pan
Fat: 18 g
Carbohydrates: 37 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 8 g
Sodium: 781 mg (w/o added salt)
Protein: 30 g
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!