Easy Thai Peanut Chicken
Just because you don’t have – or don’t want to spend – a lot of time to make dinner doesn’t mean you have to settle for that fast food junk or a bowl of popcorn.
There are many nights that I really don’t feel like cooking a big meal (yes, me… I know, crazy!). Good news tho – there are ways around this so that you still have an enjoyable meal with very little steps and ingredients without losing your willpower…
Because when that happens you’ll end up getting something on the way home that you know you’ll regret… Unless it’s a burrito bowl from Chipotle, which can be quite healthy, so it’s acceptable 🙂
This easy thai peanut chicken sounds like it’s complex, but no – it’s not… All you need is boneless skinless chicken breast, one bottle of thai peanut sauce (I used the Archer Farms one from Target), light coconut milk, olive oil , some spices and you’re in business.
Now, you may think that is recipe looks like a lot, but it honestly really isn’t and the steps are so easy!
Once you cook this beauty up you can spoon it on top of some rice, which can be easy to make, too… There are the pouches of rice that you can microwave that make it even easier (which meals no more pans!). I actually found a coconut rice in a pouch at target and it was amazing!!
So get out your skillet and ingredients and expect a quick and delicious meal in under 30 minutes…
You will not be disappointed! 🙂
2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, trimmed and cut into tenders
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
Salt and Pepper
1 bottle Thai Peanut Sauce (I used the Archer Farms brand from Target)
1/2 cup light coconut milk
2-3 green onions, chopped
rice or noodles
- Place trimmed chicken tenders into a bowl, then add 1 tbsp. olive oil, ginger, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, cumin and season with salt and pepper. Toss to fully coat each tender.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil on medium high. Once the pan is heated, place tenders in the skillet and brown on each side for about 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Turn heat down to low and add peanut sauce and coconut milk and stir together.
- Turn heat up to medium and let simmer for about a minute.
- Add browned chicken tenders to the sauce, spoon sauce over the top, cover and cook for about 10 minutes (or until chicken is fully cooked).
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions and serve in a bowl over rice or noodles.
Servings: 4 (approx.)
Serving Size: 1/4 of the pan, or 6-7 oz. chicken with sauce (approx.)
Fat: 19 g
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Sugar: 12 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 44 g