Easy Spiced Pumpkin Bread
Who doesn’t love a good pumpkin bread?? I mean seriously… To me, the smell of pumpkin, cinnamon and spices in the house pretty much captures fall.
Now surprisingly, I have never made my own pumpkin bread (shocking, I know!), but my mom always made pumpkin bread and yes it is absolutely delicious. So, since this is the first year we are in our house for the fall time, I just had to give it a try.
My mother-in-law is also coming to visit this weekend as well and I wanted to make a little treat for her visit!
This recipe for easy spiced pumpkin bread is so simple you will never need to make one from a box again… which there is nothing wrong with of course. After all, my favorite cake growing up – and to this day – is spice cake from a box, lol! 🙂
But this recipe is so easy that you will want to make it year after year just for the smells in the house alone! Once it is ready to serve, it’s so moist and flavorful it’s like you were smacked in the face with fall – and you liked it!
Whether you’re making this for your family or bringing over to a friends house, it is a sure thrill…
Enjoy, and Happy Fall!!
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup plus 1-1/2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 large egg
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
baking spray or butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together.
- In a medium size bowl combine egg, pumpkin puree, oil and water. Whisk or use hand mixer to combine.
- Start to add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until full incorporated and smooth.
- To grease your loaf pan you can use a baking spray or butter. I used butter and just did a thin coat around the entire pan.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and place into the oven for 45-55 minutes (mine only took 45min). To check, use a tooth pick and insert into the middle of the loaf. If it comes out clean, then it’s all done!
- Leave the pumpkin bread in the pan to cool for about 5 minutes, then remove bread from the pan and wrap in aluminum foil. Let cool completely – this will keep the bread super moist!
Adapted From: Kitchen Nostalgia