Easy Crock-Pot BBQ Ribs
A summer is never complete without a few cookouts and of course some great BBQ ribs!
As I’ve said before, we aren’t able to have a grill at the place we live at right now… But I was not going to accept a summer without ribs, so I’ve been on a mission to find a great rib recipe that I could make in the oven or the crock-pot.
I came across a great crock-pot recipe where you cook the ribs in the crock-pot on low for about 8 hours, baste them with BBQ sauce, and finish them off in the oven to get that BBQ sauce caramelized on the top.
The result – easy crock-pot BBQ ribs!
This recipe is an absolute no-fail one… The ribs turn out so tender that the meat completely slides off the bone when you pick them up.
I paired these ribs with my easy red potatoes and some sweet corn the perfect meal for a summer night 🙂
TIP: To make these BBQ ribs even better, make sure you take the time to trim the fat and clean them properly.
Easy Crock-Pot Ribs Ingredients:
1 slab of baby back ribs, trimmed (see link above)
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1/4 cup water
1/2 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- After you have trimmed the fat off the ribs, cut them into smaller slabs so that they fit in the crock-pot.
- Pour the 1/4 cup of water in the bottom of the crock-pot.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper, onion powder and paprika on top of the ribs and rub into the meat with your hands.
- Place ribs in the crock-pot, cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Line a baking sheet with foil (spray with cooking spray).
- Place ribs on the baking sheet and brush/coat them with BBQ sauce.
- Place into the oven (or grill, just make sure to keep your eye on them so they don’t burn) for 10-15 minutes until the sauce caramelizes.
Adapted from: Easy Recipe Depot
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!