Double Chocolate Bundt Cake
For the pan:
1 tbsp. Dutch-processed cocoa powder
1 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
For the cake:
½ cup boiling water
2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 cups (10 oz.) all-purpose flour
¾ cup (2¼ oz.) Dutch-processed cocoa powder
2 cups (8 oz.) confectioners’ sugar
1 tsp. salt
5 large eggs, at room temperature
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 cup (7 oz.) granulated sugar
¾ cup packed (5¼ oz.) light brown sugar
20 tbsp. (2½ sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
For the glaze:
¾ cup heavy cream
¼ cup light corn syrup
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder and melted butter. Use a pastry brush to evenly coat the inside of a 12-cup bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, pour the boiling water over the chopped chocolate. Let sit for a minute so the chocolate will start to melt, then whisk until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, confectioners’ sugar, and salt.
- Combine the eggs and vanilla in a medium bowl and beat lightly.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter. Beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Turn mixer down to low speed and add in the egg mixture just until well combined.
- Then you will start to add the other ingreidents starting with the chocolate mixture and mix until incorporated. Pour in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan . Bake for about 45 minutes or until the edges of the cake begin to pull away from the pan. ( if you use a toothpick to see if it is ready just use it on the outside of the cake since the middle is supposed to be molten)
- Take cake out of the oven and place on a wire rack for about 1 hour to cool. (Do this before inverting onto a plate)
- After the hour you can invert onto a plate or cake platter and let it completely cool for about hour or 2.
- Know you can go ahead and make the glaze. You will combine the cream, corn syrup, and chocolate in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and set aside for about 30 minutes, until slightly thickened. Drizzle the glaze over the cake and let set for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Adapted from: Annie’s Eats
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!