Creamy Red Pepper Chicken Skillet
Sometimes the best dishes that I have are just when I pull together a few random things in the house… and that is exactly what happened with this creamy red pepper skillet.
I was actually planning on making another dish with chicken and mushrooms but my mushrooms went bad so I had to be a little creative – and because of that I came up with something so yummy that I will definitely be making again and again!
This Creamy Red Pepper Chicken Skillet is not only an easy throw together meal but it’s packed with so much flavor – from the perfectly cooked chicken to the sweet onion creamy coconut and red pepper sauce its served with.
This is a great weeknight meal that you can just have warming on the stove – heat up some rice real quick and you have a complete meal.
With one serving of this creamy red pepper chicken skillet at less than 350 calories and 46 grams of protein it leave you feeling fuller longer!
Creamy Red Pepper Chicken Skillet Ingredients:
20 oz. boneless chicken breast, cut into tenders and pounded out evenly
1 tsp. avocado oil (or coconut oil)
1 tbsp. unsalted grass-fed butter
1/2 sweet onion, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 -12 oz. jar of roasted red peppers
1/4 cup light coconut milk
salt and pepper
2 oz. light cream cheese
122 grams of chickpeas
2-3 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Once chicken is trimmed, cut into tenders, and pounded out just so that its even in thickness. Season both sides of the chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tsp. of oil in a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Once pan is hot add chicken tenders to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side to get a nice crust on it. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Place seared chicken onto the foil lined baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet into the oven for about 10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, add butter to your skillet lower the heat to medium.
- Once butter is melted add sliced onions, toss in the butter and cook for about 5- 7 minutes to soften.
- Add minced garlic and stir to incorporate.
- Take the jar of red peppers and pour half of the jar into the pan and take the other half and puree in a blender/food processor.
- Then take the pureed red peppers and pour that into the skillet.
- Turn heat down to medium-low, stir to fully incorporate ingredients.
- Add the softened cream cheese to the skillet and slowly stir into the red pepper mixture until completely melted.
- Pour in the coconut milk and chickpeas, stir to combine.
- Cook at a low simmer until slightly thickened about 3-5 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Once chicken is done cooking add chicken tenders into the skillet and toss in the red pepper sauce.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve alone or over rice.
Serving Size: 1/4 of the skillet (about 4.8 oz of cooked chicken with sauce)
Fat: 10 g
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 1 g
Sodium: 469 mg (w/o added salt)
Protein: 46 g
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!