Coconut Panko Chicken Tenders with Mango Dipping Sauce
Anytime there is a recipe with coconut I feel like I have to try it… Especially if it involves a mango dipping sauce.
This started as a recipe I found through Pinterest. I went through it and changed a few ingredients to make it a bit healthier, and it came out so yummy!
The result: Coconut Panko Chicken Tenders 🙂
If you want the perfect combination of savory, sweet and a touch spicy… Then you’ll love this. (If you close your eyes, you may just feel like you’re in the tropics!)
For the chicken tenders:
2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken tenders
2 large eggs
1 tbsp. lime juice
1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
For the Mango Dipping Sauce:
2 mangos, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp. lime juice
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp. cumin
3 garlic cloves, peeled
3 green onions, chopped
2 tsp. red pepper flake
- Preheat oven to 400
- To make the coating for the chicken, combine coconut flakes and panko in food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Then in shallow dish add brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt, and cayenne to the panko coconut mixture and stir until all incorporated.
- Whisk eggs and lime juice together in small bowl.
- Taking one chicken tender at a time and first dip into the egg and lime mixture and then into the panko/coconut mixture, pressing the mixture into the chicken to make sure it’s coated.
- Place chicken onto baking sheet lined in foil with cooking spray. (Lightly spray chicken with cooking spray for extra crisp)
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- To make the sauce, add all sauce ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
Adapted originally from CarlsbadCravings.com