Coconut Banana Bread
Banana bread is just one of those comforting sweet treats that just hits the spot… especially when there are a few little surprises hidden throughout!
My Coconut Banana Bread is just that… all the flavors of a traditional banana bread with a twist – coconut, walnuts, and even some chocolate chips! All of those flavors blended together and you have such a delicious treat that is of course you guessed it’s a healthier option. 🙂
And might I add this is super easy to throw together for a Sunday morning treat, bake sale, a family gathering whatever it might be it is sure to not disappoint!
NOTE: For those with any allergies you can take out the nuts, coconut and even chocolate chips if you have to and it will be just as yummy!
Coconut Banana Bread Ingredients:
3 overripe bananas
4 tbsp. all natural creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup of milk (I used unsweetened vanilla cashew milk)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. rum extract
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup old fashioned oats (measured out first and then blend up in food processor)
1 scoop quest multi-purpose protein powder (or any kind of protein powder)
1 – 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1/4 cup raw unsweetened coconut flakes
56 grams organic dark chocolate chips, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium sized bowl add blended oats, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together until fully incorporated and set aside.
- In a standing mixer or using hand mixer add over ripe bananas and mix until blended up.
- Add creamy peanut butter, milk, applesauce, brown sugar, vanilla extract and rum extract to the mixer.
- Mix on medium-low until all ingredients are incorporated and smooth.
- Turn mixer onto low and start to slowly add in the oat mixture.
- Once all ingredients are fully combined, stir in chopped chocolate chips, chopped walnuts and about half of the coconut flakes.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and pour banana bread batter into the pan making sure it is evenly dispersed.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining coconut flakes and place into the oven for 35-40 minutes.
Coconut Banana Bread Nutritional Information:
Serving Size: 1 slice of coconut banana bread (1/10 of the loaf pan)
Fat: 9 g
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 13 g
Sodium: 51 mg (w/o added salt)
Protein: 6 g