Cilantro Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
Not only are they great for you, they are absolutely delicious!
I never used to be a big sweet potato fan, but over the last year I’ve really given them a shot – trying out new recipes, new flavors and ways of cooking them.
They have definitely become a staple in our household and one of my favorite sides to have (with just about everything).
These cilantro garlic sweet potato fries are the perfect side dish to a grilled turkey burger, chicken or even a nice and juicy steak. The freshness of the cilantro and the richness of the garlic really make these fries a real treat.
Pair these with a refreshing low calorie beer and all of a sudden, you have an amazing summer snack and a pretty great evening ahead of you! 🙂
3 medium sweet potatoes
2 tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
* Optional: This ranch greek yogurt dip makes a great dipping sauce.
- To prep the fries, peel them, cut them into thin fries, place in a large bowl of water and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Once they are done soaking, drain and pat dry with a paper towel until most of the moisture it gone.
- To cook, begin with preheating the oven to 425°.
- Place them flat on a parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes, flipping occasionally. Make sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Once they are cooked to your liking (we like ours golden and crispy), take them out of the oven.
- Put the fries in a large bowl, add garlic and cilantro and toss to combine. You can add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.