Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookies
I have currently been working on a new project… a new cookbook, to be exact!
It’s so incredibly exciting, and with that I have been mostly cooking a lot of burgers, steaks and such – so I thought I would switch gears a little bit and do something on the sweeter side.
I combined a few of my favorite things (no surprise here): peanut butter and chocolate… I tend to make a lot of recipes with that combination, but for me – and I’m sure others, too – this is a great combo and you will most likely always have these ingredients in your pantry, which makes this even better!
One of my favorite things about cooking is you can really make it your own… For instance, here I used creamy peanut butter and chocolate whey protein powder in my cookie batter. But, you could change it to anything you want as long as you still use a nut butter. For example, you could use almond butter with a cake batter flavored protein powder and maybe even add sprinkles!
Okay, now I have to try that… look out for that recipe, haha!
These chocolate peanut butter protein cookies are cake-like in consistency, rich in flavor and will give you that sweet treat you’ve been craving with a kick of protein to keep you fuller and satisfied for longer – all at only 74 calories a cookie!
TIP: Since these are lower in calories to make these a little more decadent add chocolate chips to the batter… YUM! 🙂
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookies Ingredients:
1/3 cup all-natural creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp. agave maple syrup (I used Madhava Organic Maple Agave Syrup)
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 cup (2 scoops) chocolate protein powder (I used Legion’s Dutch Chocolate Whey at 100 calories a scoop)
1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
sea salt (optional topping)
- Combine egg, peanut butter, vanilla, agave maple syrup, and brown sugar and whisk together.
- Gradually whisk in the protein powder and cocoa powder until fully combines.
- Take dough, wrap in foil and refrigerate for at least an hour or over night.
- When ready to bake the cookies preheat the oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from the fridge and start to rolling the dough into balls about 1 heaping tablespoon (it will be a little bit smaller than a golf ball).
- Place on the baking sheet and put into the oven for 3 minutes. Take out of the oven and gently flatten with a spoon or fork. Place cookies back into the oven for another 2-3 minutes.
- When you take the cookies out you can optionally sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let cool on a wire rack. Serve or store in an airtight container.
Servings: 12 cookies approx.
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Fat: 3 g
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 3 g
Protein: 6 g