Chickpea Chocolate Brownies
It’s almost Valentine’s Day and if you’re looking for the perfect thing to make your valentine, these chickpea chocolate brownies are just the thing!
If you’re both trying to be healthier and have goals in mind, these brownies will not only keep you on track; they are also a healthy surprise that you can make for each other and enjoy together.
Now, if you haven’t tried baked goods with chickpeas – don’t run away just yet. I was a little hesitant using them like this myself, but let me tell you… When I took a bite out of this brownie I couldn’t even believe how good it was 🙂
Seriously if I didn’t tell you there were chickpeas in these brownies you would never know by the tasting them… So yummy! 🙂
If you’re like me and chocolate is your guilty pleasure, these chickpea brownies are just for you! They even have mini chocolate chips mixed into the batter (because more chocolate is always better).
And a note to all the guys and girls out there that don’t like to cook/bake: these are so simple… Just add every ingredient (except chocolate chips) to a food processor, pulse together, bake – and done 🙂
To make this a little more special for the holiday, add a scoop of frozen yogurt (or my personal favorite – vanilla bean Halo Top ice cream) and some valentines sprinkles and you have a delicious, low-calorie dessert for you and your special someone!
Chickpea Chocolate Brownie Ingredients:
[ingredients title=”For the Brownies”]
- 1 14.5-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. agave maple syrup
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 stevia
- 1/3 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- coconut oil cooking spray
[ingredients title=”Optional Toppings”]
- Ice cream or frozen yogurt (I love Halo Top vanilla bean)
- Valentine’s day sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a food processor add chickpeas, eggs, cocoa powder, sugar, maple, baking powder and stevia. Blend until batter is smooth. Fold in mini chocolate chips with spatula.
- In a 9×9 baking pan spray with cooking spray, pour batter into pan and spread evenly with spatula. Place into oven and cook for about 24-26 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Cut into 9 equal squares. Serve.
Serving Size: 1 brownie (1/9 of the pan)
Fat: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Sugar: 12 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 198 mg
Protein: 4 g
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!