I wanted to include this recipe in my 12 Recipes of Christmas just because it is such a yummy and comforting meal I just had to share 🙂
Whether you’re having family stay with you or not it’s a easy and delicious meal to make leading up the holidays that will very quickly become a family favorite!
The first night I made this my husband was in heaven!!! He literally took a bit and just stared at me and said… “are you kidding me??” haha safe to say this is his new favorite dish.
This cheeseburger casserole is the perfect winter time dish… burgers are such a comfort food and this has everything you love from the traditional meal but leveled up a bit.
My cheeseburger casserole is made with a lean ground turkey (which you would never be able to tell!), mixed with all your favorite flavors of a great burger, mustard, ketchup, onion and even a little pickle.
I’m telling you the pickle makes this dish! (My husband said this really reminds me of a White Castle burger if you’ve ever had one of those!)
This is a great dish that I hope you enjoy with your family over the holidays… we serve ours with some potato wedges or baked fries (we love the Alexia brand) it really does feel like a cheat meal but as long as you stay with in your portions its really a healthier option 🙂
Cheeseburger Casserole Ingredients:
2 lbs. lean ground turkey
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup dill pickle relish
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tbsp. mustard
1 stevia packet
2 oz. light cream cheese
3 slices of kraft singles american cheese (cut in half)
6 grands biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large skillet spray with cooking spray, heat on medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onions, reduce to medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ground turkey to the pan, start to break up with spatula until ground up into small pieces and fully cooked.
- Turn heat down to low. Add garlic powder, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, dill pickle relish, ketchup, mustard, stevia packet, and cream cheese. Stir until fully combined, cream cheese is completely melted and incorporated.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Spray a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Take about half of the meat mixture and spread evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Take 6 slices of cheese (3 full slices cut in half) and evenly place those on-top of the meat.
- Spread the remaining meat on-top of the cheese layer evenly.
- Take your 6 raw biscuits and cut them in half as if you were going to butter them (so you have a top and a bottom). You will end up with 12 pieces.
- Place those biscuits tops/bottoms evenly over the casserole (see picture), spray with cooking spray, sprinkle with a few sesame seeds.
- Place into the oven for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked and biscuits are golden brown.
- When ready to serve cut casserole into 8 equal pieces.
Serving Size: 1/8 of a 13×9 pan
Fat: 17 g
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 6 g
Sodium: 802 mg (w/o added salt)
Protein: 28 g
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!