Cauliflower Pizza with Shrimp and Pesto
Nothing hits the spot like pizza… I mean its the ultimate comfort food!
Now we all know that pizza usually isn’t the healthiest option but with a few tweaks here and there you can make it pretty darn healthy and still super tasty!
With this recipe I used a pre-made cauliflower crust from Trader Joe’s (see picture). It was my first time trying it and let me tell you… it was absolutely delish!! I’ve tried many different cauliflower crusts and this is definitely at the top of my list!
And hey… it takes the work out of having to make the crust you just follow the directions according to the package, add your toppings and done!
Can’t get any easier than that and nowadays we can take all the shortcuts we can get!
This cauliflower pizza with shrimp and pesto has so much flavor from the vegan pesto from Trader Joe’s to the fresh shrimp on-top with a touch of red pepper flake to finish it off (and not to forget the most important part the cheese!)… this will absolutely be a go-to healthy recipe you’ll want to make week after week!
Cauliflower Pizza with Shrimp and Pesto Ingredients:
10 oz. medium shrimp, cooked, defrosted, and cut into small pieces
1 package Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Pizza Crust
1/4 cup Trader Joe’s Vegan Pesto (or any pre-made pesto)
1/2 sweet onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup parmesan
salt & pepper
red pepper flake
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Place frozen crust on a pizza pan upside down.
- Place into the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Carefully flip crust over and bake for another 10-12 minutes. (For a crisper crust broil an additional 4-5 minutes.)
- Spread 1/4 cup pesto evenly over the crust.
- Top with chopped shrimp and onion.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the top and then the parmesan, making sure to evenly coat the top of the pizza. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with a little oregano.
- Place into the oven for another 5-7 minutes depending on how crispy you like it.
- Remove from oven and optionally add a little red pepper flake for a kick.
- Cut into 8 equal slices and serve.
Serving Size: 2 slices of pizza
Fat: 9 g
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 0 g
Sodium: 710 mg (w/o added salt)
Protein: 23 g