Buffalo Ranch Grass-Fed Beef Burgers
Who doesn’t love a big, juicy and tasty burger?
Sometimes it just hits the spot… A burger cooked to perfection with gooey and rich cheese, all sandwiched between a delicious bun or maybe in a fresh crisp lettuce wrap! Either way, you have a meal to die for here…
This recipe is great because you can really tweak it any way you want, whether that’s changing the beef to ground chicken or turkey to cut down on some fat, or ditching the bun to cut out unnecessary carbs… Whatever it is, you will love this one!
These buffalo ranch grass-fed beef burgers are so full of flavor from the ranch and buffalo sauce mixed into the patties with some crisp, freshly chopped green onions to round it all out. Topped with a garlic and herb goat cheese, they’re basically creamy perfection.
During my week I tend to stick to more lean meats like- turkey, chicken, and fish occasionally, but there are some great health benefits to incorporating grass-fed beef into your diet – one being that eating grass-fed beef has heart healthy omega 3 fatty acids and has a type of fat that can reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
Bun Or No Bun?
When it comes to having a bun or not having a bun with a burger, it’s really a personal preference. I tend to not have a bun just because it’s added calories, and bread and I usually don’t get a long well, haha. I will have it occasionally because I love them, but I always feel bad after it.
I found these gluten-free buns at my local grocery store; they’re the Udi’s brand and around 190 calories per bun. Since they’re higher in calories I didn’t have one with my meal… but I did take a bite of the burger from the picture and the bun was fantastic… One of the best gluten-free buns that I’ve had. 🙂
Either way you serve this one up, just account for added calories and macros from the bun to the cheese on top and you will be on your way to healthy and delicious meal!
1 lb. grass-fed beef
1 packet ranch dry mix (I used the Hidden Valley ranch)
1/4 cup buffalo sauce
2-3 green onion, chopped
1 tbsp. grass-fed butter
hamburger buns (I used Udi’s Gluten-Free Classic Hamburger Buns)
4 oz. garlic and herb goat cheese (I used Aldi’s brand)
- To make the patties, combine beef, ranch mix, buffalo sauce, and onions in a large bowl. Use your hands to mix everything together so it’s well dispersed.
- Start to form 4 equal patties – if you have a scale, weigh them out to 4 oz. per burger. Cover and place in the fridge until ready to cook.
- In a large skillet heat butter on medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot enough, add burger to the pan, turn down heat to medium. Cook for 4-6 minutes, flip and cook for another 4 minutes (this is for a medium burger; adjust cooking time depending on your liking).
- When burger is about 1 minute away from being done, add 1 oz. of cheese on top of each patty and cover until cooked and cheese melted.
- Serve on top of a bun or on a bed of lettuce (and drizzle with more buffalo sauce if desired).
For the Buffalo Ranch Burger: *
Serving Size: 1 – 4oz. patty
Fat: 19 g
Carbohydrates: 1 g
Sugar: 0 g
Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 21 g
* This includes beef, ranch mix, buffalo sauce and butter.
For Garlic and Herb Goat Cheese:
Serving Size: 1 oz.
Fat: 6 g
Protein: 5 g