Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
Looking for a healthy and delicious appetizer for a party or get-together?
Well look no further – these buffalo chicken pinwheels are just the thing you’ve been looking for… All the classic flavors of buffalo wings with a cool ranch dipping sauce; you can’t got wrong!
And might I add that these little bites are a healthier option, so you can enjoy snacking without the guilt or regret the next day!
Pair these buffalo chicken pinwheels with an ice cold light beer (maybe a Bud Light Lime!) or even a skinny margarita… Who says you can’t enjoy in the festivities?!
Tip: Try to make these ahead of time before cutting into pinwheels; place whole wrapped tortilla in the fridge for an hour or so. This will help hold them together and be much easier to cut.
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Ingredients:
[ingredients title=”Pinwheel Ingredients”]
- 12 oz. cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I used Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce)
- 2 oz. light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- green onion, chopped
- 7 tortillas (I used the mission carb balanced – 120 calories a tortilla)
[ingredients title=”Ranch Dipping Sauce Ingredients”]
- 1 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. hidden valley ranch dry seasoning
- 1-2 tbsp. milk (optional, to thin out sauce)
[directions title=”To Make The Pinwheels”]
- In a large bowl add shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese. Stir together until fully combined.
- To make the pinwheels lay one tortilla out flat on a cutting board. Measure out 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture and spread evenly over the tortilla. Optional sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- Start to roll tortilla keeping it slightly snug to ensure all ingredients stick together. Roll until tortilla is fully closed and place on a large plate or baking sheet. Repeat until you have used all the mixture should add up to 7 whole tortillas.
- Place in the fridge (is recommended) for at least an hour before cutting. When cutting make sure to cut into 8 equal pieces; this will ensure that the nutrition information is accurate and the flavors are evenly distributed. Refrigerate pinwheels until ready to serve.
[directions title=”For the Ranch Dipping Sauce”]
- In a small bowl stir together yogurt and ranch dry seasoning until fully combined.
- Optional add milk to thin out sauce to desired consistency.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serving Size: 4 pinwheels
Fat: 4 g
Carbs: 10 g
Sugar: > 1 g
Fiber: 7 g
Sodium: 209 mg
Protein: 11 g
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!