Blueberry Almond Scones
One of the biggest things that got me into to cooking was baking yummy and delicious (and now healthy) treats.
And that said, nothing is better on a cold day than sitting inside under a blanket with a cup of coffee and a freshly baked scone…
I feel like I swear myself off of baked goods when I’m trying to be healthy and workout (along with probably everyone else!). I would think to myself, “You can’t have that – it will mess everything up!”
Sure, we all want to stay on track, but we don’t have to give up everything…
Lucky for anyone reading this, I’ve made it pretty easy… These delicious blueberry almond scones are just the right amount of sweet and will curb that craving you’ve been having without messing up your diet.
Here’s the recipe:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add cubed butter to the same bowl and mix with a hand mixer until the mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Add in the buttermilk and almond extract and stir until combined.
- Then fold in the blueberries. ( make sure to not over mix)
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, take the dough and divide in half and pat them out into approximately 7 inch circles.
- Cut each circle into 6 wedges (I used a pizza cutter and it worked great!).
- Spray the tops with cooking spray and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
Servings: 12 scones
Serving Size: 1 scone
Fat: 3 g
Carbohydrates: 19 g
Sodium: 22 mg (without salt)
Sugar: 4 g
Fiber 0 g
Protein: 3 g
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!