The Best Turkey Burger
I felt that it was only necessary to do the best turkey burger as my next post because what goes better with sweet potato fries like an amazing turkey burger?
I used to be really standoff-ish about turkey burgers (I always thought they would be bland and dry). But after my husband kept ordering them at restaurants, I finally cracked and tried one… and absolutely loved it!
In our house I’m in charge of the sweet potato fries and he does the turkey burgers, and I must say they are delicious! Most of the time I’m the one doing all the cooking, but when it comes to turkey burgers my husband is all over it.
After you try this turkey burger recipe, you won’t ever buy those frozen patties again…
1 lb lean ground turkey
onion powder (to taste)
garlic powder (to taste)
salt and pepper (to taste)
- We use a non-stick griddle on the stove, but you can also grill them (we like to use the griddle because all of the juices stay on the griddle, keeping the burger moist and juicy).
- Heat your griddle using both burners to medium heat.
- While the griddle is heating up you can make the patties – you want to make four equal patties (each 1/4 lb)
- Once you make the patties, place on a plate and sprinkle onion and garlic powder lightly on one side, along with salt and pepper.
- Place patties on griddle, cook about 7 minutes on one side, flip and cook for another 5 minutes. After those 5 minutes, you can put your cheese on and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. (If you’re not putting cheese on them, then let them cook for 6 1/2 minutes straight through.)
Tip: We topped ours with an alehouse white cheddar and caramelized onions… And you can also try it with swiss cheese and fresh avocado!
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!