These are the best sweet potato fries I’ve ever made at home – and yes, they’ve become my new obsession! I just can’t get enough of them, and after trying this recipe, you won’t either…
Turns out that this recipe is so delicious and healthy that I don’t need to worry about it… unless I eat 2 or 3 servings, but that would be crazy right? (But totally possible…)
These are great with a nice grilled turkey burger or even as a snack – they will not disappoint, and you’ll get some good carbs out of it as well. A lot of people think fries are horrible for you and you’re better off not eating them at all… but not with these.
They have the perfect amount of crunch and flavor to make you feel like you are being bad (but you’re not!).
Best Sweet Potato Fries Ingredients:
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- You will want to prep the potatoes first; I usually do this in the morning, but if you don’t have to time you can do it the night before or even an hour before you cook.
- Peal potatoes and cut 1/2 in thickness (depending on how you like them) then submerge in water for at least 1 hour.
- Pour cut potatoes into a strainer and let dry (you can also dry them with a towel to speed up the process).
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Take a plastic bag and throw the fries in there, pour cornstarch into the bag and shake around until all the cornstarch is distributed on the fries.
- Add olive oil to bag and shake again until distributed.
- Place fries on a lined baking sheet and space them out.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip them and put back in for another 15 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 potato
Adapted from: the art of doing stuff