The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
I absolutely love to bake and my favorite will always be a tasty cookie – preferably a chocolate chip cookie!
Don’t get me wrong, I love a lot of cookies… Sugar, oatmeal, shortbread (I never really met a cookie I didn’t like), but my first love will always be chocolate chip!
I don’t bake very much anymore and if I do it’s either me trying to make something “healthy-ish”, baking for a holiday or, in this case, when friends come to visit 🙂
Now, I always like to try new things, but there are some recipes that are perfect just the way they are… And these happen to be the best chocolate chip cookies out there!
They’re so easy to make and are always an incredible hit with guests… Plus, they’ll think you were baking all day long, haha.
Just make sure that you get them out of the house (if you’re trying to be good), because you won’t be able to help yourself from eating them and they could possibly disappear… Whoops!
TIP: Add pecans, white chocolate chips, and/or peanut butter… Or honestly, any kind of sweet and savory combination will work well in this cookie… Check out my Movie Theater Cookies for another idea!
2 cups plus 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
12 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks (you can use chocolate chips, too)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt, then set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer mix butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well combined. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla, and continue to mix until fully combined.
- Start to slowly add dry ingredients to the wet and mix on low until just combined.
- Add chocolate chunks and stir.
- Use a 1/2-cup measuring cup to scoop out the dough. Roll into a ball and pull apart with fingertips into 2 equal halves. Once you pull them apart, place them on the cookie sheet with the jagged surface facing up. Make sure to leave a good amount of room between each cookie.
- Bake for about 14-16 minutes until lightly golden, and the edges are slightly hardened but soft in the middle (a.k.a. the perfect cookie!).
- Let the cookies sit for a minute or so on the cookie sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
Adapted from: Annie’s Eats
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!