BBQ Turkey Meatloaf
I find that the best meals to make when trying to healthy meal prep are one dish/pot recipes… this healthy BBQ Turkey Meatloaf is just the thing!
This BBQ Turkey Meatloaf is packed full of flavors like garlic, chili powder, brown sugar, ketchup and all topped off with a generous portion of sweet bbq sauce.
Recipes like this are not only easy to throw together but will help with meal prepping since they make plenty of leftovers for lunches. With the perfect amount of flavor and lots of protein to keep you full this will quickly become a favorite make ahead meal.
BBQ Turkey Meatloaf Ingredients:
2 lbs. lean ground turkey
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs (can sub regular breadcrumbs)
1/4 cup ketchup
3 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. bbq sauce
1 tbsp. mustard
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. chili powder
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. pepper
freshly chopped cilantro
1/2 cup bbq sauce
2 tbsp. raspberry preserves (or sub another fruit preserves)
2 tbsp. water
1 tbsp. Sriracha
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl add ground turkey, eggs, breadcrumbs, ketchup, brown sugar, bbq sauce, mustard, Worcestershire, chili powder, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper. Using your hand gentle mix ingredients together until evenly dispersed (but try not to over mix).
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Take meat mixture and form into a loaf shape and place directly into loaf pan, pad out to make sure its level and will cook more evenly.
- In a small bowl whisk together bbq sauce, raspberry preserves, water and Sriracha.
- Take a little bit of the sauce and glaze the top.
- Place into the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add more glaze.
- Put back into the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Remove add remaining sauce and place back into the oven for another 20 minutes or until internal temperature is 160 degrees.
- Top with fresh chopped cilantro and serve.
Serving Size: 1 slice of BBQ Turkey Meatloaf (1/12 of the pan)
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 16 g
Sugar: 11 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sodium: 221 mg (w/o added salt)
Protein: 16 g