Banana Bread Donuts with Maple Glaze
Oh how I love donuts!! I mean, come on… donuts are really the ultimate sugar craving (at least for me). I really don’t let myself have donuts too often, if at all. I know that sounds sad, but I feel like if I have one I will automatically want another one! Its the sugar haha, I can’t help it.
So of course, this brings me to this new post of a healthier donut: banana bread donuts with maple glaze to be exact!
Now just keep in mind these are HEALTHIER… not necessarily healthy – if you end up eating 2-3 of them. These are definitely still a treat so just be aware of that, if you’re like me counting calories or macros.
With saying that they are actually really filling and dense, so alongside a coffee for an afternoon snack or an after dinner dessert you’re looking at about 207 calories per donut! If you’re wanting to cut the calories and sugar down a bit, just skip the glaze (cause honestly they really don’t even need it, lol).
These banana bread donuts with maple glaze are made with bananas (of course), brown sugar, and a creamy peanut butter surprise, just to name a few. Either way you look at it these are a win for the belly and the waistline…
Much better for you than those fried donuts at the local bakery, but without skimping on the flavor!
Banana Bread Donuts with Maple Glaze Ingredients:
For The Banana Bread Donuts:
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 very ripe bananas
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup gluten free flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
For The Maple Glaze:
6 tbsp. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. agave maple syrup (or you can use regular)
1-2 tbsp. milk
coconut oil cooking spray
(2) 6-donut baking pan
- Preheat oven to 350°. If your bananas aren’t ripe, check out this post about how to quickly ripen your bananas.
- In a large bowl whisk together egg, brown sugar, applesauce, mashed bananas, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla until fully combined.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly start to add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until just combined (but not over mixed).
- Spray a donut baking pan with cooking spray, add batter the pan about 2/3 full (should make 8 donuts). Tip: when pouring batter into the donut mold, use a pastry bag or a ziplock bag with a corner cut off and squeeze into mold.
- Place donuts into the oven 13-15 minutes.
- To make the glaze: in a shallow bowl whisk together powdered sugar and maple syrup. Slowly start to whisk in milk a tablespoon at a time until it becomes a glaze like consistency. Set aside.
- Once donuts are done let cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- When donuts are completely cooled dip into the glaze and place back on-top the wire rack and let dry.
Serving Size: 1 donut with maple glaze
Fat: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Sugar: 23 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 5 g
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!