Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts
It’s that time again – pumpkin season is back in full swing! We are already seeing it in our coffee beverages, pastries, beer (one of our faves) and even Pumpkin spice Oreos… There’s no escaping it 🙂
You’re either all about the pumpkin or hate it; I myself have a love/hate relationship with it, just because all the delicious pumpkin-themed treats all look so dang good and I want to eat them all!
Luckily there are treats like these baked pumpkin spice donuts that not only give you that taste of fall that you love and crave, but for half the calories!
These donuts perfectly pair with your morning coffee… and you won’t feel like you’re missing out on the fall season treats 🙂
Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts Ingredients:
[ingredients title=”Donut Ingredients”]
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. all spice
- 1/8 tsp. clove
- 1/3 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla cashew milk (you can sub for almond milk or a low-fat milk)
- cooking spray
- donut pan (mine has 6 spots for donuts)
[ingredients title=”Icing Ingredients”]
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 packet of stevia
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1-2 tbsp. unsweetened vanilla cashew milk (you can sub for almond milk or a low-fat milk), to thin out icing
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a medium size bowl mix together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice and clove; whisk together until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together wet ingredients: brown sugar, greek yogurt, egg, vanilla, pumpkin puree, and milk.
- Start to slowly fold in the dry mixture into the wet mixture until just combined.
- Spray donut pan with cooking spray. Pour batter evenly into designated spot in the donut pan. Spread evenly with a spatula if needed.
- Place into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. Once donuts are done baking remove from oven and baking pan, place donuts onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- While donuts are cooling, prep the icing. In a small bowl whisk together Greek yogurt, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, stevia, and salt. Add a couple tablespoons of milk the thin out if needed.
- Once the donuts are completely cooled take one donut at a time and dip the top of the donut into the icing. Place back onto the wire rack and repeat until you’ve iced all the donuts.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin spice or cinnamon and enjoy!
For the Donuts:
Serving Size: 1 donut
Fat: >1 g
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Sugar: 8 g
Fiber: >1 g
Protein: 3 g
For the Donut w/Icing:
Serving Size: 1 donut w/icing
Fat: > 1 g
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Sugar: 11 g
Fiber: > 1 g
Protein: 4 g