Baked Mozzarella Sticks
I don’t know about you, but I could make a meal out of appetizers…
And as far as appetizers are concerned, there’s nothing like gooey and cheesy mozzarella sticks!
Now, that’s probably not the best thing to do when you’re trying to eat healthy, but thanks to this baked mozzarella sticks recipe, you can enjoy this snack and not have it affect your diet negatively.
Even if you aren’t trying to eat good, these are so yummy that it won’t even feel like you’re eating the healthier version.
Make these baked mozzarella sticks for a weekend party, for the kids as an after-school snack, or for the hubby after a long day of work… (In which case, they pair perfectly with a couple glasses of wine!)
5 mozzarella cheese sticks (I used the Fit & Active brand from Aldi)
5 tbsp. Panko bread crumbs or Italian bread crumbs
1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated (I used Kraft)
1 tbsp. flour
1 egg, beaten
salt and pepper
* If you have more mouths to feed just double this!
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Take the cheese sticks and cut them in half, which makes 10 sticks.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl.
- In another bowl combine panko and Parmesan cheese.
- In another bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Take one cheese stick at a time and first dip in flour, then egg, and finally panko mix. Place on baking sheet.
- Repeat for all the mozzarella sticks (and optionally sprinkle with oregano), then place in the oven for 5-8 minutes (you will need to flip them halfway through).
- Once they are golden brown and the cheese is melty, place on a plate and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Servings: 10 mozzarella sticks
Serving Size: 1 mozzarella stick
Fat: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Sodium: 143 mg
Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 5 g
Adapted from: Every College Girl
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!