This healthy take on baked honey garlic chicken is a lot easier to make than it looks, believe me! It’s also super delicious and healthy at the same time.
What I find with most Chinese food dishes is that they’re fried in oil – and yes, that can be amazing – but it’s nice to make something that tastes better than takeout without the grease.
For the Chicken:
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast ( cut into 1-inch chunks)
salt and pepper to taste
2 large eggs
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
For the Sauce:
1/3 cup honey
4 garlic cloves (minced)
2 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp. Sriracha
1 tbsp. cornstarch
2 green onions sliced
2 tsp. sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- After chicken is cut into 1-inch chunks, season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl beat the 2 eggs together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl pour in Panko.
- Next you will dip the chicken into the eggs, then into the Panko and make sure you press it on both sides to evenly coat. Then place on baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in oven for about 15-20 min. until browned.
- While the chicken is cooking you can start to make the sauce.
- In a saucepan combine honey, garlic, soy sauce, and Sriracha and heat on medium heat.
- Using a small bowl combine cornstarch and 1/3 cup of water.
- Stir mixture into saucepan until it starts to thicken (1-2 minutes).
- Toss chicken in sauce (add green onions and sesame seeds if desired).
Total Fat: 3 g
Carbohydrates: 35 g
Sodium: 696 mg
Protein: 54 g
Adapted from Damn Delicious