Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Donuts
I think one of the hardest things when you’re trying to eat healthier is staying away from sweets… and especially when you try to bake anything at home it can be difficult to get the outcome that you’re hoping for.
Baking is just a hard thing to tweet because to have a good consistency you need to have the right amount and proportion of ingredients.
It’s a lot of trial and error to get a great baked good that is healthier… but when it does happen you’ve got to share it! haha 🙂
These peanut butter chocolate chips donuts are not only a healthier options but are very dense and filling leaving you now needing to go in for a second.
For this specific recipe I was actually inspired by the company “The Dough Bar” – they were actually just on Shark Tank and did so well!! From what I gather they make a simple base for their donut so they are all about the same but then change up the toppings… its pretty genius!
So I thought I would try my hand at making something similar and make a great base of a donut and then just add some yummy toppings… and it was a success!!
So I’m sure you’ll see in weeks to come more recipes for different toppings and such.
These peanut butter chocolate chip donuts are so delicious from the fluffy vanilla based donut to the creamy peanut butter smothered on top with a little bit of chocolate chips… what more could you want?!!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Donut Ingredients:
2 scoops of Quest multi-purpose powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup cane sugar
2 tbsp. light brown sugar
1/2 cup plus 1 tsp. unsweetened vanilla cashew milk
1 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
5 tbsp. PB2 powder
1 stevia packet
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. mini chocolate chips (1 tbsp. per 3 donuts)
cooking spray ( I use the coconut oil cooking spray)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together quest powder, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl or stand up mixer add egg and sugars and start to mix on medium.
- Start to add milk to the egg and sugar mixture and once that is combined add melted butter and vanilla.
- Turn speed down to low and start to slowly add flour mixture a little bit at a time, waiting until flour is incorporated until adding more.
- Once all ingredients are incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl as well (You can add a little more cashew milk if it seems to be too thick).
- To prep the donut pan, spray with cooking spray.
- Carefully add batter to pan in each of the 6 spots for the donuts. Recipe will make 6 large donuts.
- Place into the oven for 8-10 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and place onto a wire rack to cool.
- In the meantime, whisk together PB2 powder, stevia, and salt. Add only a little water at a time to get a icing like consistency. (Try not to add too much water cause it gets running pretty fast).
- Once the donuts are completely cool, spread the tops of each donut with the PB2 icing, there will be enough for each donut.
- Take the mini chocolate chips, measure out 1 tbsp. and sprinkle that over the top of 3 donuts, then take the remaining 1 tbsp. of mini chocolate chips and sprinkle over the last 3 donuts.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Donut
Fat: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 15 g
Sodium: 91 mg (w/o added salt)
Protein: 11 g
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!