These kinds of dishes are the reason I love cooking…
I tend to stick to a lot of casseroles and easy weekday dinners, but sometimes you need a few special meals that you can whip up in no time… But also give you the feeling of going out to dinner. If you want something perfect for a date night or even a nice dinner party, this one is sure it win them over. 🙂
This tuscan chicken has such complex flavors, starting with browned tender chicken breast that is then smothered in sautéed onions, mushrooms, artichokes, tomatoes and spices topped off with tomato sauce and red wine, simmered to perfection… And finally sprinkled with fresh chives.
Your family will think you have been in the kitchen all day after making this.
Yes, it has wine in it – but a small amount just to add a touch of richness.
Because honestly, there’s nothing like cooking with wine (maybe drinking a little bit, too) while have some great music and creating a delicious mouth-watering dish that will still keep you on track without even thinking about it!
Healthy, simple and delicious meal? Check.
I’m telling you… If you make this once, it will quickly become a favorite in your weekly rotation of meals… I know it has for us.
2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, trimmed and cut into strips
1 container of baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 can baby artichokes, cut in half
1 tomato, diced
1/2 packet stevia ( or a 2 tsp. sugar)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. thyme
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 can tomato sauce
1/2 cup red wine (I used Merlot)
3-5 chives, chopped
- In a large skillet heat 1 tbsp. olive oil on medium heat. Season chicken strips with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken strips to pan and brown for about 3 minutes on each side. Take out of the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, turn heat down to medium, add remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Add mushrooms and onion and sauté for a few minutes, then take out of the pan and set aside.
- Add the halved artichokes and garlic and cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add diced tomatoes, stevia, oregano, thyme, tomato sauce and red wine. Stir to combine.
- Place chicken back into the pan and spoon sauce over the top. Cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked throughly.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, add mushrooms and onions back to the skillet, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with fresh chives and serve.
Servings: 4 approx.
Serving Size: 1/4 of the skillet approx.
Fat: 9 g
Carbohydrates: 8 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 3 g
Protein: 54 g
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!