Three Cheese Artichoke Dip
This time of year is the hardest to stay on track, whether you want to lose some weight or just get through this season and be able to maintain where you’re at. One of my guilty pleasures is that appetizer table at any holiday gathering… I love my snack food, that’s for sure!!
My goal as always is to try and rework some of our favorite “cheat” foods into something you can work into your diet without overdoing it. I mean it’s the holidays and I don’t know about you, but I want to enjoy some delicious food and drinks without ruining any progress I’ve made!
This three cheese artichoke dip is the perfect “healthier” dip to bring to your next holiday party… not only is this a healthier option compared to the traditional dish, but it has about 9 grams of protein per serving which will leave you feeling full and satisfied without over indulging.
My three cheese artichoke dip is a lighter take on one of my favorite appetizers – made with light cream cheese, greek yogurt, garlic and herb goat cheese, parmesan, mozzarella… so that is really more like 4 cheese right?? Mixed together with some roasted brussel sprouts for a twist and of course some delicious artichokes!
You’re probably wondering with all of that creamy and delicious cheese how could this be healthier… well when you add it all up you’re looking at 116 calories a serving!
Served with a low calorie cracker or even using veggies to dip you’ll be all set!
NOTE: If you’re looking to make this for a bigger crowd just double the recipe and bake it in a 13×9 baking dish.
Three Cheese Artichoke Dip Ingredients:
For the Dip:
9 oz. bag of shaved brussels (make sure to chop up the bigger pieces)
10 pieces of quartered artichoke hearts, chopped
4 oz. light cream cheese, softened
1 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
2 oz. garlic and herb goat cheese, softened
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1 dash hot sauce
1 dash worcestershire
salt and pepper, to taste
For the Topping:
2 tbsp. grated parmesan
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
9.5 inch square pan
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Spray pan with cooking spray and dump bag of shave brussels onto the pan. Make sure to chop up any of the bigger pieces of brussels.
- Spray the top of the shaved brussels with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.
- Place pan into the oven for about 10-15 minutes until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Lower oven temperature to 375°.
- In a large mixing bowl add softened cream cheese, greek yogurt and goat cheese.
- Using a hand mixer, mix together until fully incorporated and creamy.
- Add in chopped artichokes, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, hot sauce, worcestershire, and brussels. Season well with salt and pepper. Stir all ingredients together until fully incorporated.
- Coat your square pan with cooking spray, scoop mixture into the pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella and 2 tbsp. parmesan, evenly over the top.
- Place into the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- TIP: If you like the cheese extra crispy, turn the broiler on for a few minutes, but make sure to watch it so it doesn’t burn.
- Before serving make sure to cut it into 8 equal sections so you at least know how much to have.
- Enjoy with some low calorie crackers or veggies.
Serving Size: 1/8 of a 9.5in. square pan
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 2 g
Sodium: 259 mg (w/o added salt)
Protein: 9 g
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!