I love this time of year… Everything is warming up, we’re spending more time outside, and of course there are the fresh fruit and vegetables. There is something about some fresh veggies and maybe a side of fish or some BBQ chicken on a nice night – preferable sitting outside with a cold beer.
Any opportunity to have fresh fruits and veggies – I’m all about it 🙂
My husband and I were making out our grocery list for the week and we have quite a few staples, but this week I really wanted to make some fresh new recipes. It’s been mid-80’s in Florida, so something light and refreshing sounded perfect.
Luckily I found a Parmesan zucchini recipe on Damn Delicious… Which is where this recipe is inspired from.
This sweet corn and zucchini side dish is great for any night and will be loved by the whole family. We paired ours with some grouper burgers and it was delicious!
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 zucchinis, diced
1 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels, canned
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
salt and pepper, to taste
juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp. grated Parmesan
- In a large skillet heat olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Once pan is heated, add garlic and stir. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add diced zucchini, corn, basil, oregano and thyme.
- Stir to combine and cook for about 3-5 minutes until vegetables are tender (just make sure to not overcook them or you’ll have mushy zucchini).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the juice of 1 lime and cilantro and stir until all incorporated.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Serving Size: 1/4 of the skillet
Fat: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Sodium: 71 mg (without added salt)
Sugar: 5 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 5 g
Adapted from the Parmesan Zucchini + Corn recipe on Damn Delicious.