Supreme Pizza Bake
Who doesn’t love pizza? It’s probably one of my favorite “cheat” foods; so cheesy, rich, and delicious… Every bite just hits the spot! 🙂
That said, I crave pizza pretty often – as I’m sure a lot of you do – so why not have a meal you can make weekly that curbs that craving (or until you treat yourself to the real thing)?
This supreme pizza bake has all the flavors you love from takeout pizza: cheese (of course), two different kinds of meat that will keep you full and satisfied, fresh veggies, the traditional red sauce and even some buttery crust to tie it all together!
The great thing about this recipe (what am I saying, there are so many great things about this!) is that you get the taste of pizza that you’re craving, but for a fraction of the calories and lots of protein so you’ll fill up faster than you would with a traditional pizza! (Let’s be honest: I know I can put a decent dent in a pizza! Haha.)
If you aren’t one for veggies just make this a meat lovers… you really can make this what ever you want it to be! It’s an easy weeknight meal you can throw together and feel like it’s a cheat night.
TIP: If you’re looking to save on some time, prep the turkey portion the day/night before. Then all you have to do is layer the casserole the next day and bake! Makes for great leftovers too 🙂
Supreme Pizza Bake Casserole Ingredients:
- 20 oz. lean groung turkey
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp. fennel
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cup red pasta sauce (I used the four cheese classico brand)
- 4-1/2 Pilsbury flaky biscuits cut in half (leaving 2 flat circles per biscuit)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 pieces turkey pepperoni
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- top with cooking spray and oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet heat oil on medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and pepper to the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes to soften. Add ground turkey and start to break up into smaller pieces while cooking.
- To season the meat add garlic, rosemary, oregano, basil, salt, pepper and fennel. Stir until fully combined. Remove from heat once meat is completely cooked. Stir in pasta sauce until combined.
- In a 13×9 pan spray with cooking spray, pour in meat mixture and spread evenly. Sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella.
- Take cut biscuit halved and place 3 across (which should be the width of the pan), then the next row 5 pepperoni, 3 more biscuit halves next to that, the remaining pepperoni and then finally the last 3 biscuit halves. (see picture below).
- Sprinkle top with grated parmesan and oregano.
- Spray with cooking spray and place into the oven for 25-30 minutes until biscuits are fully cooked and lightly browned.
- Cut into 6 equal squares and serve.
Serving Size: 1/6 of the pan (using a 13×9 pan)
Fat: 16 g *
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Sugar: 7 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 873 mg (w/o added salt)
Protein: 29 g
* To lower the fat you can use a reduced fat or fat free mozzarella instead of regular.
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!