One of my favorite combinations is goat cheese with vegetables… Add some seasoned chicken, and you have a pretty balanced and delicious meal!
Sometimes I get a lot of inspiration from just picking out foods that I love and just start cooking… In fact, that’s the great thing about it – you can create something new and different just by mixing up the flavors and combinations 🙂
Hey, eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring and cooking healthy doesn’t have to be difficult… This Sautéed Chicken with Goat Cheese and Vegetables recipe is perfect for just that!
This is a great make-ahead meal too; you can sauté up all the veggies and cook the chicken, place it in a casserole dish and throw it in the oven around dinner time to heat up. Then just top with some goat cheese and you’re done!
1.5 lbs. (about 4 chicken breast) boneless skinless chicken breast, trimmed
16 oz. white mushrooms, washed and sliced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 cup dry white wine (or whatever you have around)
1/2 tsp thyme
sea salt and pepper
goat cheese (I used garlic and herb)*
* To keep the calories down, portion out goat cheese for each individual serving.
- Prep the chicken; trim the fat and season with sea salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat 2 tsp. of coconut oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Once pan is hot enough, add chicken to the pan and brown for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan lower heat to medium, add mushrooms and stir until all liquid has been absorbed (about 8-10 minutes). Salt and pepper mushrooms and remove from the pan.
- Add remaining 1 tsp. coconut oil then add in onion and garlic. Add sliced peppers and cook on medium low for 3-5 minutes.
- Place chicken back into the pan with veggies, add white wine, thyme and salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
- When you take the chicken out of the pan there might be some liquid still in the pan. Turn up the heat to medium and stir until all liquid is absorbed.
- Serve chicken with veggies piled on-top and crumbled goat cheese.
Servings: approx. 4
Servings Size: approx. 1 chicken breast with a scoop of veggies *
Fat: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 3 g
Protein: 41 g
* Nutritional information doesn’t include goat cheese, so just add your serving of goat cheese to these numbers.