Around this time of year, I can’t wait to grill out… We moved down to Florida and the end of last summer and we absolutely love our apartment and the entire complex – but we can’t have a grill.
It’s okay though because we have been trying different recipes to give us that “grill out” feel… Like these red potatoes!
These easy red potatoes in a foil packet are a no-fail every time! They are perfectly cooked and even get a little char if you let them cook long enough. I made these for our dinner the other night and my husband took and bit and said to me, “Is that butter?”, and I replied, “Nope!”
This whole recipe fed both of us and I only used 1 tbsp. of olive oil… So not only are they delicious, they aren’t soaked in butter and horrible for you 🙂
3 medium red potatoes, cubed
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. seasoning salt
1 tsp. garlic, minced (you can also use garlic powder)
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Wash potatoes in cold water. Cube the potatoes in bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, seasoning salt and garlic and toss until well combined.
- Place two large foil sheets side by side and spray with cooking spray.
- Take half of the potatoes and place on the foil, take the other half and place on the other piece of foil.
- Bring the foil up on the sides and fold together (make sure the packet is “tented” so there is room for the heat to circulate).
- Place the foil packets on a baking sheet or on a grill and cook for 30-35 minutes.
- Once they are cooked to your liking, take out of the oven and carefully open the foil packets. Enjoy!