We all have obstacles when it comes to dieting, making good choices and just having a overall healthy lifestyle. Whether your vice is sweets, salty snacks or alcohol, they can all be things that hold you back from your fitness goals if you aren’t careful.
I personally believe in enjoying yourself and indulging in the “real deal” cheat foods once in a while. But for those times that you are really trying to stay on track, its crucial to have options like these protein rice Krispy treats that will not only keep you on a good track, but curb that sweet tooth, too!
These are sweet and delicious, from the creamy peanut butter and honey that hold together the brown rice cereal and all tossed in a chocolate protein powder… It’s the perfect combination to keep you full and satisfied.
These are also a no-bake dessert; simply throw this one together on a Friday night and wait a half hour or so for it to set up and enjoy!
(If you aren’t a peanut butter fan, just replace it with another nut butter like almond butter; even Nutella (YUM!!) would work perfectly for this!)
TIP: To lower the calories and sugar on this, you could use a peanut butter powder (PB2) mixed with water; still add the honey and maybe a bit of stevia if needed.
Protein Rice Krispy Treats Ingredients:
- Heat a saucepan on low then add peanut butter and honey. Stir together until fully mixed and melted down.
- In a large bowl add brown rice cereal and protein powder, toss to combine.
- Pour warmed peanut butter/honey mixture over the cereal/protein mixture. Toss until fully coated.
- In a 13×9 pan sprayed with cooking spray, scoop ingredients into the pan and press down evenly. Let sit for about 15-20 minutes until they are all set up.
- Cut into 8 equal squares and serve.
Serving Size: 1/8 of the pan
Fat: 8 g
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 13 g
Protein: 10 g