As a kid I used to live right behind a Dairy Queen… We’d always go there after winning one of our softball games with our team.
My favorite thing to get as a kid was always the blizzards… Man are those good! But when I got older I tried other things that were probably a little lower in calories – one being the crunch cone!
Now, if you haven’t had this you have to see if they serve it at your local Dairy Queen (not every location does). This crunch cone is your classic soft serve in a cone and then rolled in a mixture of peanuts, sprinkles and little crunchy pieces – OH they are so good! I haven’t had one of these cones in years, but it’s one of those things that you can still remember exactly how it tastes (and it’s still one of my faves).
Flash forward to this recipe… My intention wasn’t necessary to make a crunch cone-tasting protein bar, but after making said protein bar and taking a bite, I was reminded of them instantly!
Hence, I’ve named these: Protein Crunch Cone Cereal Bars 🙂
These protein crunch cone cereal bars are the perfect (and healthy) treat to curb that sweet craving your having… From the crunchy cereal that is coated in creamy peanut butter and protein packed vanilla icing, all topped off with sprinkles (just ’cause!).
These are even great right out of the fridge as it will give you that feeling of a cold and creamy treat, very reminiscent of my favorite crunch cone. Add a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt on top if you really want to go crazy!
TIP: These bars also make a great afternoon work/school snack for you or your kids, or even a grab-and-go breakfast that everyone will love. They have a decent amount of protein to help keep you full until lunch time.
(And don’t worry about the sugar content cause you’re looking at less then a typical grab-and-go yogurt here :D)
Protein Crunch Cone Cereal Bars:
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice rice puff cereal
- 6 tbsp. honey, melted
- 1/4 cup white chocolate nut butter (I uses Nuts n’ more, you can sub for another nut butter), melted
- 1/4 cup all natural peanut butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. sprinkles
- 2 packets Quest Vanilla Protein Powder Packets
- 1 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
- coconut oil cooking spray
- In a large bowl add cereal, melted nut butters, honey, and 1 tbsp. sprinkles. Stir together until fully combined.
- In a 13×9 pan, spray with coconut oil cooking spray, pour cereal mixture evenly into the pan and press down firmly using your hands. Place in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime you can make the icing. In a small bowl whisk together protein powder and greek yogurt.
- Remove bars from the fridge and spread icing evenly over the top, sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp. of sprinkle and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serving Size: 1 square (1/8 of the pan)
Fat: 8 g
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Sugar: 15 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 15 g